Device connected to the internet fundamentally serves a very specific purpose, and its called “Efficiency“.
The device doesn’t get smarter on its own however it can gather data which can be analysed and further actions can be planned.
Around the context of Internet of things , Pramod Dhakal form Hitechies & Stephen Gold From HZO goes through a very interesting conversation.
In this conversation :
- Device connected to internet has evolved in few different phases.
- 127 new devices are connected every second to the internet.
- What does that mean to the power usage ?
- At the rate of increase of IOT devices , How are we going to remain Sustainable
- How does the market adapt within the present context of covid 19
Evolution of IOT sector and the Impact
How's the tool on the business overall you know with this present situation?
Indeed. I think it's the same story everywhere you know pretty much also here in the European region we have a similar situation we are trying to get back to the normal but it's hard and people don't want to go back to the office because, why would they want to do that. So, there are challenges which we didn't think it would appear in this way....
Oh, yes every morning I hear stories that you know x amount of people were let go...
Yeah. It's terrible.
No, definitely not because we normally have vacation around April right so we had plans to go to Greece and enjoy our vacation as such and by January we knew that we are not going there so we had to cancel by January and then we hope that by July everything will be fine but it looks like you know July of 2021 it would be [Laughter] so that’s what I think it would be a bit of a normal by then.
No, I met my physician recently and I asked him “when do you expect of action to be available to the public” and he said “If you're lucky by December you would get it”. So, that's the kind of timeline that we are hoping that it would be ready.
Yes, that's the way we think in this technology space right? So, we only think in binary terms. So, how did you get into this technology space?
1. Security, because you typically don’t want the device to be compromised. and
2. Durability, you don’t want the device to fail.