- 19% of Americans have never heard of, or don’t know what cryptocurrency is.
- Just 5% of Americans correctly valued one bitcoin ($15,000 – $20,000).
- 20% thought 1 Bitcoin could be bought for less than $100.
- 40% of men understand how cryptocurrencies work compared to just 17% of women.
Leading bitcoin exchange platform Xcoins surveyed thousands of Americans of all ages to better understand the public perception of cryptocurrency and found a huge disparity in attitudes and understanding across the country.
- While bitcoin is fairly well known, less than ¼ of respondents had heard of any other form of cryptocurrency
- 40% of men understand how cryptocurrencies work compared to just 17% of women
- San Diego and Austin were the most likely cities to associate bitcoin with criminals (27% and 26%)
- While those in the 55+ age bracket were most likely to not have heard of any cryptocurrency, they were also the most likely to believe cryptocurrency had a future (60%)
Pramod Dhakal is a Tech entrepreneur at heart, a natural leader, an Agile practitioner, and a Digital Transformation provoker. He has spent over a decade implementing various large-scale transformation initiatives in large multinational organizations. He is an author and contributor at Hitechies largely in the technology space. Pramod is an active investor in cryptocurrencies and he is extremely positive about the future of the decentralized digital economy.